- Standard league playoffs are a 16 person double elimination tournament:
- Double Elimination means players must lose twice to be eliminated from the tournament. See Image 4 below
- The final match will always be between 1 undefeated competitor and a competitor that has suffered 1 previous loss:
- This means the player entering with a previous loss must defeat the undefeated player in two full sets to constitute two losses.
- Brackets 1 through 6 of playoffs are best 3 out of 5.
- Brackets 7 through finals are best 4 out of 7.
- The top seeded competitor in each playoff grouping of four (those currently competing) has choice of the left or right PAIR of lanes for their match:
- This does not refer to left or right lane as decided through rock, paper, scissors.
Image 4 (Sub-section 2.1): Double Elimination playoff bracket
The following images represent samples of a standard 16 person double elimination tournament bracket. The top image is the winners bracket (i.e. 'A bracket') and the bottom picture is the losers bracket (i.e. 'B bracket'); the numbers below each column represent the sequence in which matches should be played.