Scoring during playoffs has 2 variations when compared to regulation scoring, all other rules remain unchanged:
- Each round in a playoff match must have a winner:
- If a round ends in a tie, it moves immediately to Big Axe (tie breaker) to determine the winner of the round:
- Format and scoring during playoffs remains the same as regulation Big Axe scoring.
- During playoffs, total score is not relevant:
- If a round is out of reach (cannot be won) it moves immediatly to the next round, regardless of how many axes have been thrown in the round;
- ie. it is the 5th axe of a round and Player A is up by 8 points, Player B cannot win, so they players progress to the next round.
- If a match is out of reach (cannot be won) regardless of how many rounds have been thrown in the match, the remainder of the match is not played:
- ie. in a best 3 of 5 match Player A has one the first 3 rounds, the final 2 rounds are not played as Player B cannot win the match.